It’s month three of sharing my mini-goals, and I have to say, so far so good. Last month, I had a pretty ambitious plan for what I was going to get done, maybe a little too ambitious considering I had to travel for a bachelorette party and a wedding as well as interviewing in order to complete goal one (see below if I did or not). As I start some new adventures this month (repping Lady ATX at ACL and some exciting work prospects), I think I’m going to make my to-do list a little more manageable. Let’s see what I’m getting into this month:
- Get collaborative. My work with Lady ATX is on fire right now. This month I want to work with some other writers or photographers to put out some cool work.
- Finish Lean In. I’ve been working on this book for a longggg time. It’s time to finally get it read.
- Work out more. On that note, I need to make a point to work out at least 3 times per week.
- This month’s trivia: Learn all the major league sports teams (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, MLS). Bonus points if I learn all the NFL starting quarterbacks.
- Try a new work out class. Now that I’m invested in pilates, let’s shake it up with another type of work out.
- Solidify a skin care routine. Part of my new mission of self-care is to start taking better care of my skin.
- Finish Duolingo Italian. I’m so close!
- Hydrate. This goal has been pretty vague so now I want to replace one drink a day with water + what I have already built on.
- Virtually volunteer. I’ll be pretty busy this month so I’ll look for opportunities to help out through looking at resumes for college students, giving social media advice to a non-profit, or even writing letters to soldiers overseas. Send me any ideas or opportunities you may have.
Here’s how last month went!
- Find a new position or client I am super passionate about. ✅ I start a new contractor role on Wednesday!
- Get my Calligraphy on. ❌
- Find a pilates studio. ⚠️ Studio found, first class will be this Tuesday, so a few days late.
- Learn some new trivia: Let’s go with the capitals of every European country. ✅
- Create a self-care routine. ⚠️ I’ve got mental and physical self-care down. Financially my self-care routine could use work.
- Hit 2 more Duolingo check points. ✅
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. ⚠️ I’ve added about 3 glasses a day, but I am not quite where I need to be.
- Get back to volunteering. ❌ Big fat fail on this one.
What do you think of my goals for the month? What are yours? Be sure to send me any volunteering ideas that you think might be up my alley.