Millennials may be the most socially savvy generation, but that doesn’t mean social media comes easy to all of us. The truth is, running social media for a brand is completely different from running your personal account. There are many faux pas and mistakes you can make that are a much bigger deal when you are the voice of a brand. Here are a few social media hazards and pitfalls you should avoid.
- Not having a social strategy.
- Not posting in the tone decided by your social strategy.
- Not fully understanding a hashtag before posting.
- Posting too often.
- Not posting enough.
- Posting after trends have passed.
- Not addressing customer service issues in a timely manner.
- Only posting promotional content.
- Not adjusting content to fit audience engagement.
Many of these social media pitfalls can be avoided by having a strong social strategy. Check out my offering in social strategy for ideas on what to include in yours and get information on how I can help you strategize your brand.